[pmwiki-users] Any hope for 2.2.0 stable release?

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Thu Jan 15 01:57:47 CST 2009

DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> 09-01-14 23.19

>I agree, the code is hard to follow, particularly for those new
>to PHP, so added clarity would be nice.

Just want to add my experience here. I don't know much about PHP
but I'm pretty impressed about the general code quality as far
as I've looked at it. My problem with doing something about
PmWiki is the documentation ... in short trying to figure out
how to do different things.

I admit that I haven't spent a huge amount time learning PmWiki
but I'm now able to write simpler markup scripts (for my own
specialized needs). The problem is that is was difficult to try
to figure out how PmWiki works, what calls are available etc.

I was going to start to add to the wiki (personally I think that
a linear structure document for newbies would be better for this
purpose) but it's difficult to add stuff when you don't really
know how things work. And I assume that people who knows how
things work find it more fun writing code than documentation (I
would) ... - it's a bit of catch 22 here

                                 jem
--
Jan Erik Moström
mostrom.eu