[pmwiki-users] USe PTVs instead of directives (was (:title:) of (:include:) included pages overrides page title)

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Wed Feb 25 13:40:05 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 07:30:51PM +0200, Eemeli Aro wrote:
> So, this is what I propose:
>
>  1) Remove the special markup for the page title, description and keywords.
>     The current/old markup can be added to $PageTextVarPatterns and
>     $ROEPatterns to make the transition relatively painless.

My earlier objections to this still stand.
They aren't ordinary PTVs, so they shouldn't use the same markup,
because that adds to the confusion.
(And it would break my site)

One could change the behaviour of title, description and keywords to
make them more similar to PTVs without having to change their markup.

>  2) Let PrintMetaTags() (in stdmarkup.php) refer to the page attributes
>     instead of page text variables when generating the meta tags.
Which wouldn't be needed if one didn't change the markup.

>  3) Add a call for PageTextVar() to SaveAttributes(); the page text
>     variables are only loaded to $PCache by MarkuptoHTML() if there is a
>     reference to a page text variable in the markup. If we're using the
>     normal page text variable markup for these variables, they need to be
>     explicitly loaded when saving the page to make sure they're saved as
>     page attributes.
Are you saying save every single PTV as a page attribute, or just title,
description and keywords?

>  4) Fix the display of page text variables in page edit preview.
Which could be done whether or not one changes the title, description and
keywords markup.

Kathryn Andersen