[pmwiki-users] OT: Creating a subdomain without CPanel

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Feb 5 12:23:02 CST 2009

cPanel usually works fine for me, and recent versions (10 I think) tend
to be more conservative about messing with your directories. I usually
start with cPanel to create the subdomain -- I think cPanel uses
httpconf to store it's settings, not somewhere you'd normally touch.
Then I go ahead and put PmWiki, and .htaccess into the subdomain
directory (actually I use links, but it's the same idea).

So, use cpanel, just do that step first.

  ~ ~  Dave