[pmwiki-users] Direct access to URLs -- was .htaccess help (possibly CPanel)

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Wed Feb 4 09:57:36 CST 2009

More info on the original problem (the solution to which messed up other
things).

http://cricket.onebit.ca/uploads/ brings up the index of the directory.
Same with www.cricket.onebit.ca/local, etc. These are special cases,
because the directories actually exist rather than being figments of
rewrite commands.

I'd like a page from the wiki to come up for those directories, saying
"permission needed" but I'm open to other ideas. How would I do this?

What happens if there is a group called uploads? Does
www.cricket.onebit.ca/uploads bring up the main page of the pmwiki group
"uploads", or the actual directory?

Second,

http://cricket.onebit.ca/NewGroup/ brings up error 404 9page cannot be
found). So does
http://cricket.onebit.ca/NewGroup/NewPage

I thought both of those would bring up the Create Page option. Is it
related to the htaccess problem? (If not, any ideas how I can make it do
that?)

Further info:

My htaccess files are:

/pmwiki/.htaccess

# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# Define the rewrite base.
RewriteBase /pmwiki/
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]Options All -Indexes
Options All

and

/cricket/.htaccess

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^$           index.php  [L]
RewriteRule ^index.php$  index.php  [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule (.*)         index.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

# RedirectMatch permanent /cricket http://www.cricket.onebit.ca/
RedirectMatch /cricket http://www.cricket.onebit.ca/

Thanks in advance,

Sandy
(Who is taking another self-directed, crash course in bits and pieces of
htaccess.)