[pmwiki-users] .htaccess help (possibly CPanel)

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Wed Feb 4 09:13:31 CST 2009

DaveG wrote:

> The problem is that your .htaccess files aren't permitting direct access
> to some segment of the path along the css file path. If you post the
> .htaccess, someone might be able to help.

Okay, so my assumption is correct. See below for the htaccess files.

> In terms of doing it through cPanel -- can't help there, sorry.

I shouldn't have used cPanel in the first place. It seemed so easy, just
point and click, but I strongly suspect it messed up my custom .htaccess
files. I can decipher an htaccess file with the book beside me, if it
has an index, but don't trust myself beyond that.

A good test page is:
http://www.websites.onebit.ca/index.php?n=Sec.Skins?setskin=

I also rechecked the CHMOD. Everything from /pmwiki on down allows read
access to all three levels (mostly 755). www is 750. I don't remember
playing with chmod recently. So many ways to control permission. Very
frustrating to troubleshoot until you learn them all.

Many thanks!

THE HTACCESS FILES, starting from the lowest directory. I'd expect the
lowest to be the problem, since things that use the higher directories
are working just fine.

/pmwiki/pub/skins/rosetrellis/rosetrellis.css

/pmwiki/pub/skins/rosetrellis/
No htaccess file in this directory.

/pmwiki/pub/skins/
Also no htaccess file.

/pmwiki/pub/
Options All

/pmwiki
# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# Define the rewrite base.
RewriteBase /pmwiki/
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]Options All -Indexes
Options All

(I don't remember changing that one at all.)

www (aka public_html)
# Options AllOptions All
(Okay, even I know that one is messed up, but no clue what it should be,
and if it were the problem, I'd expect more problems.)

root
No htaccess file.

Again, many thanks!

Sandy