[pmwiki-users] Permissions in IIS6

Dave Jackson Dave.Jackson at emrltd.com
Thu Sep 11 10:58:41 CDT 2008

Hello

I have been mucking about on my 'test' IIS server today, which
incidentally hosts our internal wiki.  I added Frontpage Server 2002
extensions and added basic authentication to try and get Visual Studio
2008 to 'talk', specifically, publish to it.  Went like a charm but then
I found I no longer had write access when I tried to save a page on the
wiki.  First it complained about the .flock file, which I then deleted
and it got past that, but now it says it cannot write the file in the
wiki.d folder that is the page I am trying to edit.

So I uninstalled front page extensions, turned off basic authentication
but it still doesn't  work. Even after turning it off & turning it on
again ;0)

Any thoughts on what else I can try before I go back to backup?

Cheers

Dave J

****** This email is sent for and on behalf of European Metal Recycling Limited ******
European Metal Recycling Limited is a company, registered in England and Wales, registered number 2954623, registered office Sirius House, Delta Crescent, Westbrook, Warrington, WA5 7NS, United Kingdom.
Confidentiality:  This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error. Security Warning: Please note that this email has been created in the knowledge that Internet email is not a 100% secure communications medium.  We advise that you understand and accept this lack of security when emailing us.  This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
European Metal Recycling Ltd accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or omitted in connection with this communication.
If you have received this email in error please notify the Technical Support helpdesk immediately by Telephone on +44 (0)1925 715555. www.emrltd.com