[pmwiki-users] News page and displaying a few recent news headers on a separate page?

john.rankin at affinity.co.nz john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Fri Jul 18 16:42:47 CDT 2008

> Thursday, July 17, 2008, 11:21:03 AM, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
>
><snip>
>
> How you create the news pages is a different matter. To have them all
> confirm to the same structure it would be good to use a template for
> new pages of the dedicated 'news' group.
>
>   ~Hans

One way would be to use the wikiforms recipe, which sets pages using
:Term:Definition text markup, so page text variables can be used to
generate a list of news items from a custom pagelist.

However, I can see why one might prefer to put all the news on
one page. The trade-off is between developer convenience (a page
per news item means it can be done with off-the-shelf components)
and writer convenience (a single news page means some custom
development to take the page apart and extract the news items).

JR