[pmwiki-users] Programs should be allowed to edit pages (Was: PmWiki and Spam)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 13:38:40 CST 2008

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, Anno wrote:

> >I don't think captchas is a proper solution as I think it is
>> _valid_ that a script/program modifies a wiki page.
>
> A wiki page, yes. But not any wiki page, and particulary not the
> pmwiki.org wiki pages, and particularly not with the non-content it
> does.

I could agree with you for pages in the groups PmWiki* and Cookbook, but
not for pages in e.g. Test*.  Maybe it's enough to protect them...

At one time I had passwords on wiki.lyx.org and printed this password in
the _dialog_ that pops up asking for the password.  Worked pretty well to
stop spam, but some users didn't actually see the password "hint" :-)

/Christian