[pmwiki-users] proposed markup for rowspan in simple tables

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sun Aug 24 05:44:21 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 9:53 AM,  <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
> Anyone have any thoughts on:
> - the desirability of a rowspan capability

great idea...

> - the proposed markup

it occurs to me that a future recipe might provide simple excel-like
formulae which would almost certainly begin with the = character
(=sum(), =average(), etc)...  (I've played with it, but it's not
gotten off the ground yet)

Might a caret (^) instead of the equals work better with its somewhat
intuitively vertical "look" (i.e. it looks like an up-arrow -- and
thus it spans rows below UP into this one)?  I don't know if this wd
conflict with other markup...

> - whether it should be in the core

makes sense to me as a fairly ubiquitous table feature, but I don't
know what other considerations might come into play...

-Peter