[pmwiki-users] Using PmWiki for a social club with individual profiles

Dr Fred C drfredc at verizon.net
Wed Oct 31 18:55:53 CDT 2007

Not to poop on your wiki party, but why not just create a Facebook group
and link it into your Wiki?

A pmwiki Facebook option might be to create a Facebook login page in
your wiki with something like
(:noleft:)
(:includeurl http://www.facebook.com/ :)

This creates a generic Facebook login page.  You just enter your
Facebook email and Facebook password and you're into your Facebook page
inside your pmwiki's Portal.  Here folks can interact via Facebook tools
with other members of the group within the modest set of tools that
Facebook provides for groups to interact. You'd only need one portal
page on your wiki to do all the work for you.

The generic Facebook login page will typically display the login info
from cookies stored on each individual's computer, giving it some
personalization and security without a lot of overhead on your part.

Then go ahead and develop your wiki with what your group is all about in
nicely linked detail that isn't possible in Facebook.

Just a thought...

Always, Fred C