[pmwiki-users] fix for wikiform issue (Asociacion de Robotica)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Oct 31 18:36:06 CDT 2007

>>In this case, a simple oversight on my part! It's supposed to be easy to do
>>what you want.
>
>I do not say it is difficult, that is the problem, it looks simple but it
>does not work and then one gets frustrated. :)

My apologies; it worked in my head, but I had foolishly omitted to add
the one line of code to make it work in the world.

>>I think this is now fixed. Download the latest version from
>>http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/WikiForms
>
>>In your example, define a field like this:
>
>>:Project number:project (group Project)
>
>>Once this is working, we can look at more sophisticated linking, for
>>example, to provide more meaningful link text.
>
>Now this is Working, that is what I call some seriosu Linking, it is amazing
>what it can be done now that this feature is fully working. Cheers For that
>!!

I agree. For example, it opens up a whole new way to approach the blogging
problem. I believe one could now write a very powerful wiki blogging recipe
on top of wikiforms. In your exploration of this feature, you might like to
consider the possible need for the following extensions:

- a form field type of fpara, i.e.

  :Project number:project (fpara projectname=Project)

  which would generate a link to the designated project using the value of
  the project's projectname as the link text, rather than its number

- enhancing the (:fpara fieldname=Group.PageName:) markup to give more
  control over the format of the output

However, before adding any new features, see how far "some serious linking"
can take you and decide what, if anything, would be most useful.
--
JR