[pmwiki-users] New HttpVariables Recipe

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 10:50:04 CDT 2007

--- SteP <step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Martin: I'm going to rely on the experimental fact
> that {(add 0 not-a-number)} returns the empty
> string, is this a safe assumption about future
> implementations of your recipe?

Hmm, not really a question about my recipe.  I think
that you may need to ask Patrick or Dominique Faure
(author of MarkupExprPlus) for that one.

> non-a-number comprises the null
> string as in {(add 0 {$:non-existent-var} )}

You can probably safely assume that non-existent
HttpVariables will return blanks (null strings.)

> Has this recipe been superceded by more recent
> additions to the PmWiki core (or cookbook, if you
> happen to know?)

I don't believe so.

> All: is anyone else using this recipe? Any
> feedback/gotchas?

I have gotten feedback that there might be a problem
when using quotes in GET variables (perhaps all
variables,) but since I haven't really evaluated it, I
don't fully understand the problem.  If someone were
to setup an example test illustrating the problem on
the HttpVariables test site, I will see to it that it
gets properly fixed.

-Martin