[pmwiki-users] a receipt to change url pattern to numeric url such as /1 /324 /8531

bai.xiaoyu at gmail.com bai.xiaoyu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 23:30:33 CDT 2007

Is there a way to change pmwiki url pattern from example.org/PageName
, /AnotherPageName to a numberic pattern, example.org/1 /2 /341 , as
wikit did in http://wiki.tcl.tk/1 ?

This is important for us because If we use Chinese as page name, the
url would be unreadable, e.g the url for page [[童年社区]] , in browser
would be example.org/Main/%e7%ab%a5%e5%b9%b4%e7%a4%be%e5%8c%ba . I
don't expect anyone to make sense of it. Some browser can display
Chinese in address bar, but most don't. Even if the Chinese get
correctly displayed in url, example.org/Main/童年社区 , we still prefere a
numeric url , because too many words sounds exact the same in Chinese,
and sending that link by email might break the url.

The wikit app (http://code.google.com/p/wikitcl/) has the exact
feature we want. When one creates a page using [童年社区] , the page gets
a numeric id url. But in the recentchange page, the page title, rather
then numeric id gets displayed. see http://wiki.tcl.tk/4 .

Can someone do a receipt for this? Or someone please say something on
how to do this and I will ask my friend to implement that. This is
indeed the most important feature we want, from a non-english language
wiki's perspective.