[pmwiki-users] wiki etiquette for pmwiki documentation

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:25:38 CDT 2007

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:

> I have been making minor modifications to documentation of various
> cookbook recipes and etc over the past few days whenever I find anything
> that was unclear or something like that or making inline comments when I
> find something that doesn't work as stated.  Then I noticed that a lot
> of people don't make changes in the actual wiki document but instead
> make comments at the bottom.  What is appropriate etiquette in this
> community?

In my opinion, and speaking for recipes I've authored, trivial
improvements are ok if you just do them. Adding inline comments and
questions should also be fine.  It's only if you wish to make major
changes that I think you'd be better of preparing it as a draft, and then
checking the with the maintainer that you haven't introduced something bad
or incorrect.

> Does it make a difference whether the "maintained by:" is filled in
> perhaps?

Hmm... well, if there's a maintainer and you add an important question
etc, maybe it'd be a good idea to notify him?  Not sure about this.

/Christian