[pmwiki-users] Tweaking sectionedit:Choosing sections to which this would apply

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:30:16 CDT 2007

I wanted to bring up an old question that is exactly the same as what I'm
now hoping to do with sectionedit (now that it works [thanks Carlos]) and I
am beginning to better understand some ways in which it works. Basically I
don't want sectionedit to apply to heading 1 (!Header), but only to 2-3 (or
possibly 2-4). Is this now possible? Did not see it on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SectionEdit (I copied the old Q&A
below).  TIA. Don

Feature Request: Would it be possible to change $SectionEditAutoDepth  to an
array so I can set the values of headings to edit. For example I would like
to only edit headings 2 and 4 only. Not 1~4.
I don't know that much about preg_split , but believe it to be able to take
array values. Maybe instead of a $SectionEditAutoDepth, creat an array:
$SectionEdit[Level] = 2;
$SectionEdit[Level] = 4;
Good work Klonk.- navet September 28, 2005, at 12:42 PM
I don't think it is a good idea to include it in the standard version, but I
it should be possible. The only problem I see is when using MediaWiki style.
I'll think about that - Klonk September 29, 2005, at 01:22 AM
OK, I looked at the code and decided not to do that. Giving such a feature
would only make sense when it could be adjusted with different stuff e.g.
make it possible to use ---- also for autosectioning. But then we run
heavily into problems with MediaWiki style. What should be considered as
borders for the sections? To include such a feature would be possible though
but I want to avoid creeping featurism. Let's discuss on the mailinglist -
Klonk September 29, 2005, at 01:56 AM