[pmwiki-users] possible fix for wikiform issue

Asociacion de Robotica emarte at aiolosrd.com
Wed Oct 24 10:55:59 CDT 2007

Hi Jonh Once again.,

I took me a while writing to you once again. I was trying to reply the rest
of last email from you but intead I kept reading in old posts.

I can see there is a few people that may need similar features from wikiform
for their implementation, features that may  take wikiform to another level.

>From what I have been reading: what is that everybody wants or have in
common?

1- Mostly everybody want to manage a system with multiple fields that could
be managed also with wikiforms. The Managed Items could be projects, maybe
tasks, comments, isuses, etc.

2- The pages for every project or Items  should be created automatically.

3- There should be some flexibility in Listing (Issues, tasks,Items etc)

#1:
Basically what I can see from all posts and my personal expirience, and with
your help, is that the creation and linking of all wikiform can be done with
no much of a problem. There are a few options that are disscused in all
wikiforms posts.

#2:
There  are few disscussion about how to create or Issue new items or forms
in the posts as well. Decision have to be taken in how the forms/Pages are
to be created or handled, either by page or by groups. There are plenty of
discussion about this subject. This decision will affect the way we
implement #3.

#3:
Here comes the problem. Basically here is where everybody brake down in
their projects. In previous discussions I have read about implemnetatios
such of creating a gruoup for every issue/Project, having a single page for
every issue or task using the project as a field then using the field
project for listing. Also discussion about pagelist and fpara as a
superwikilist markup.

I commented about using a prefix or suffix for helping in not creating so
many groups in a single implementation.

Well basically I believe the main problem here is that everybody has a bunch
of Wikiforms or Lists of things (different groups of issues, projects or
taks, etc) and somehow there is a need to List in a single table (preferred)
Items from different groups or Wikiforms. There is not a simple solution to
this matter that I have read about yet.

The escenario is the following (I also believe is the same situation for
everybody in differet applications):

- Let's say we have a master List of Stock Management (this could be a Book
List, Project List, Issue List, etc.)
- Every part we define could have a list for their properties, like a list
of vendors, datasheets, manafuturers, etc.
- Let's Say now that we want to create another page or project (not
necessarily with wikiforms). This Project has a BOM (bill of materials),
this bill of material is a list of parts that have to be taken from the
master list. So we need someway to use the wikilist to display let's say
Item1, item3, item5, etc from the mater list. Or there must be a way to pick
or include a single item from that master list into our wikilist in this
project.

I hope you can understand this scenario. I believe if we can find a way to
implement a markup or logic or maybe some code in order to be able to
implement that scenario then a lot of people will be able to finish their
project the way they want to and also there will be a bunch of new possible
aplications for wikiforms.

Hope this helps, any comments are welcome either from you or from any other
who may be interested in this matter,

Best Regards,

-Edwin Marte