[pmwiki-users] Newbie Alert!!! How do I create a Public section?

Jeff Schallenberg schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 07:28:24 CDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Ben Wilson <dausha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have one group that is not read protected, perhaps Main, which is the
> default group. All the pages you want public are placed there. All
> other pages are not in group Main. Set the read permissions for Main
> to "nopass," which should make that group visible to the public.

Thanks for your quick response, Ben.

I follow  your recommendation up to a point. But where you lose me is 'Set
the read permissions for Main
to "nopass,"' - where and how do I set read permissions for the Main group
of pages? If that is covered in the docs, just point me there :-)

For the "private" section, just use one of the like-cms recipes that
> explains how to use the PageActions page in a fashion similar to what
> you seek.

There, you've lost me completely. What is a recipe, what is like-cms, what
is PageActions? I said I was a Newbie :-)

--
- Jeff