[pmwiki-users] Newbie Alert!!! How do I create a Public section?

Jeff Schallenberg schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 06:59:50 CDT 2007

People on this mailing list have been very kind up to now, giving me useful
help on setting basic security/access and on uploading attachments and
images. Thank you!

So I hope you won't mind this slightly more-advanced usage question:

The main purpose of the pmwiki I am building is collaboration among a small
group of volunteer members of a non-profit organization. So I have set
*site-wide* passwords for read/write/upload access.

I would like to be able to allow read-only access to the public, but for
only one or two pages. I would like the public page to be the default page
displayed, with "private", members-only groups and pages accessible from
password-protected links in the sidebar.

I have read the docs in /PmWiki/WikiGroup and PmWiki/PerGroupCustomizations,
but I don't see how they apply to my requirement.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

--
- Jeff