[pmwiki-users] html2wiki

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Oct 19 09:43:23 CDT 2007

Kathryn Andersen wrote:

>> A good tool if you're the only one preparing
>> the HTML file. Not so good if you let everyone use it.
>
> It was written with the intent to make things easier if you already have
> HTML files that you don't (yet) want to convert to PmWiki format.  It
> was NOT intended to replace PmWiki pages altogether.  It's more oriented
> towards using PmWiki as a CMS rather than a free-for-all wiki.
>
> There are trade-offs in using it.
>
> Kathryn Andersen
> (author of IncludeUpload)

Kathryn,

I don't want imply this recipe isn't great; it fills a real need. (And
if I ever stop procrastinating and start writing again, I'll use it on
my own site. One less conversion to deal with. Now if only Word or
OpenOffice would produce nice, clean HTML,...)

I'm just over-cautious about recommending something which someone might
assume it's safer than it was designed to be.

I've added your comments here to the page under "Warning", as well as
clarifying that <head> is stripped out.

Cheers!

Sandy