[pmwiki-users] html2wiki

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Oct 18 10:27:15 CDT 2007

Mark Trumpold wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I looked at the cookbook and it seemed somewhat unclear but is there an easy
> way to convert html to php?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

HTML to PHP, or HTML to PmWiki? PHP is the programming language that
takes the PmWiki(is there a correct name?) and translates it to HTML.

So you're probably looking for HTML to PmWiki.

If you have a lot, try IncludeUpload and EnableHTML.

IncludeUpload allows you to upload and then include an HTML file in a
page; I don't think it checks for safety, so if there's malicious
JavaScript, you're in trouble. Also, I don't know if it strips out
things like the <HEAD> tags; if it doesn't, you'll get two of them in
the output, which is bad. A good tool if you're the only one preparing
the HTML file. Not so good if you let everyone use it.

EnableHTML is safer, but more restrictive. You state which HTML tags you
want to allow. You can then combine those tags with PmWiki text when
editing. Any tags you don't list will look funny on the final page, but
at least you won't run any scripts by accident.

Cheers!