[pmwiki-users] Behavior of Profiles/Profiles

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:09:52 CDT 2007

Couple of quick questions re this section/wikigroup that I hadn't been
paying much attention to:

1) Evidently when you put something in the Author box of the edit screen,
PmWiki turns that name/character string into a potential page at Profiles/
- is there any page on PmWiki.org that discusses this in detail?

1a) Yes I saw PmWiki/AuthorTracking which has some info. BTW, it is
deprecated in favor of a page that is a list of changes rather than a
discussion/explanation of the features

2) I'm considering making better use of this section (making it more of a
"wikigroup" by:

2a) Requiring authors to put a username via
$EnablePostAuthorRequired<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/EditVariables#EnablePostAuthorRequired>

2b) Enabling search by author contributions (not clear how to do this:
backlinks from Profile/[name] just show the (All)RecentChanges pages

2c) Possibly using the profiles as more as bio pages, IOW, making

Any advice, experience with any of the above?

TIA.

Don