[pmwiki-users] .SideBar content

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 15 14:04:06 CDT 2007

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CreatingNewPages .

> > Yes, copying the source of an existing sidebar is the best way to start.
> >   Use ?action=source to see the code.
>
> Ok, this has worked for me nicely. A copy of site.sidebar was made,
> renamed and all 'time', 'author' and 'diff' entries were deleted.

Another way to create a page as a copy of another is to use the
"template=" option.  For example,

    .../pmwiki.php?n=Main.SomeNewPage?action=edit?template=Main.ExistingPage

creates Main.SomeNewPage using Main.ExistingPage as the initial
source.

> I reset 'rev' to 1 and left these specific entries for the new sidebar:
>
> targets=FooBar.SideBar
> text=FooBar

You really don't want to be editing the files in wiki.d directly.
Use the ?action=edit feature of PmWiki -- it's much easier and
also makes sure that all of the internal indexes and other items
are kept up-to-date.