[pmwiki-users] CondAuth ignores $HandleAuth: Bug?

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Mon Oct 15 12:19:44 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 05:50:36PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
>> I've just tracked down a problem that I was having with a statement like:
>>
>>   (:if auth upload {$PAGE}:)
>>
>> I presume (and I could be wrong) that this is supposed to test if the user has
>> the authority to upload to page {$PAGE}.

> The correct way to see if someone can use action=upload on a page
> would be with
>
>     (:if action upload {$PAGE} :)
>
> Reportedly this isn't working -- I'll have to double check it and issue an
> update if that's the case.

So, this would imply that the Site.PageActions section that looks like:

  (:if auth upload:)
  * [[{*$FullName}?action=upload | $[Attach] ]]
  (:ifend:)

Should be changed to say (:if action upload:) instead? Since all that is being
checked is whether its appropriate to show an upload link, and it seems silly
to show one in cases where it won't be allowed.