[pmwiki-users] CondAuth ignores $HandleAuth: Bug?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 15 11:55:41 CDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 05:50:36PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> I've just tracked down a problem that I was having with a statement like:
>
>   (:if auth upload {$PAGE}:)
>
> I presume (and I could be wrong) that this is supposed to test if the user has
> the authority to upload to page {$PAGE}.

What this does is test if someone has "upload" permission for the given page.
It doesn't test if someone is allowed to perform ?action=upload -- individual
actions are allowed to have different permissions.

For reference, the standard authorization levels are 'read', 'edit', 'upload',
and 'attr'.  Actions can be reconfigured to use different levels -- i.e.,
setting $HandleAuth['upload']  tells the 'upload' action to use a different
authorization level.

The correct way to see if someone can use action=upload on a page
would be with

    (:if action upload {$PAGE} :)

Reportedly this isn't working -- I'll have to double check it and issue an
update if that's the case.