[pmwiki-users] Problem with pagelist fmt=#include

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sat Oct 6 02:13:22 CDT 2007

On Friday 05 October 2007, Phil S wrote:
> In order to have pagelists default to listing pages only in the current
> group, I have this in my config:
>
> $pagename = ResolvePageName($pagename);
> $group = PageVar($pagename, '$Group');
> $SearchPatterns['default'][] = "/^$group\\./";
>
> It works fine, but I've noticed one problem: whenever I use fmt=#include,
> it will only list pages in the current group. For example, if I'm in the
> group Main, and I use:
>
> (:pagelist list=all group=Xyz:)
>
> it will list all pages in group Xyz, but if I use
>
> (:pagelist list=all group=Xyz fmt=#include:)
>
> it will not list at all (unless the current group is Xyz).

Hi Phil.

Use 'apostrophes' and not "quotes" when you refer to a variable that will be
substituted by the pagelist at runtime:

$SearchPatterns['default'][] = '/^$group\\./'; // or maybe :
$SearchPatterns['all'][] = '/^$group\\./'; // if you use list=all

Otherwise, just check your pagelist template page, if the [[#include]]
definition is the same as the original, like at
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Site/PageListTemplates . If someone edited the page, it
may be broken.

Otherwise, check if the variable $MaxIncludes is not modified, see:
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/LayoutVariables#MaxIncludes

Thanks,
Petko