[pmwiki-users] PmCal and event lists

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Tue Nov 20 17:30:40 CST 2007

Chris Nestrud wrote:
> I'm using the PmCal recipe found here:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/cookbook/PmCal
>
> I'm trying to create a page called PmCal.HomePage which will contain
> three things: the calendar in table form, a list of upcoming events
> (starting with today and sorting ascending by date) and a list of past
> events (starting with yesterday and sorting descending by date). Ideally
> these lists will contain all related events in the calendar.
>
> This is what I have for PmCal.HomePage:
>
> (:nogroupfooter:)

This is somewhat undefined.  It is very skin dependent.
You might want to put a conditional in your GroupFooter
to not do the pmcal markup on the PmCal.HomePage.

Just a thought.

> ! Calendar
> (:pmcal:)
>
> ! Future Events
> (:pmcal cals=PmCal styles=PmCal-Mini caltype=text monthsahead=60
> expire=true zebra=false textdatefmt='%A, %B %d, %Y':)
>
> ! Past Events
> (:comment past events go here:)
>
> This is what I have as PmCal.GroupFooter:
>
> ! Calendar
> (:pmcal:)
>
> I'm suppressing the footer because I want the calendar first on the
> PmCal.HomePage page, and last on other pages in this group.
>
> In the Future Events list, each event is being displayed twice. How can
> I correct this?

You don't need the cals=PmCal since there is a (:pmcal:) for that
group already.  Use cals= to pull in calendars from other groups.

> Is it possible to create a Past Events list using PmCal?

The following will show events going back 5 months and will
stop at yesterday and list them reversed (most recent past
event first).

monthsback=5 stopafter=-1 reverse=true

monthsback can be set as high as 60 (5 years).

Regards,
(a different) Chris