[pmwiki-users] thoughts on PTVs, (:include:) and editing forms

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 13:22:06 CST 2007

Wednesday, November 14, 2007, 7:04:13 PM, The Editor wrote:

> I'm curious though why you prefer this solution vs using PTV's which
> are so
> well supported in the core?

I am not preferring it. I just don't want  to dismiss it, but use it
as another method perhaps. As with it I can set a wider part of the
page text content to be used for editing, by supplying a second anchor
argument for instance. In the link I can set for instance

         part=#one#three   - edit from #one to #three
         part=#one..#three - dito
         part=#one#        - edit from #one to end of page
         part=#one..       - dito
         part=##three      - edit page up to #three

Don't know, just seems too many nice possibilities to let slip by.

But    part=#two  will be treated as a PTV, as I  like to make this
the primary, preferred way.

although #two might not have a corresponding #twoend anchor, and then
it should be treated by method 2, i.e. via TextSection.
Or fail?  Need to think this through.

I tend to want to allow too many user options, and the permutations of
possibilities are growing perhaps too high.

  ~Hans