[pmwiki-users] foxblog question

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Sun Nov 11 02:50:33 CST 2007

> On Nov 10, 2007 1:48 AM, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> > Saturday, November 10, 2007, 7:36:55 AM, Maria McKinley wrote:
> >
> > > I thought I could figure this one out on my own, but things aren't
> > > making sense. One thing I noticed, which is probably not related is
> > > that $FullName does not seem to be set. What is this suppose to be?
> >
> > I have to apologise to you for the state of this recipe!
> > It is not working with the latest fox.php.
> >
> > At one point it did work by following pretty much just those
> > instructions on the cookbook page. But if you read the comments you
> > see that something is broken, because I changed fox.php meanwhile.
> > So as it stands this recipe instructions wont work with the fox script
> > of now.  Fox does not write any more a counter number into the page
> > attributes, as it did. I wanted to make fox more standard complient,
> > and now Fox writes a pagetext variable instead to hold the number of
> > post. (PostCount). Quite a big change.
> >
> > I was and am planning an update, and it is long in coming.
> > I have developed a working FoxForum, and this will be the basis of a
> > FoxBlog which I would like to release as a bundle, ready to install.
> > I think this is actually easier than trying to mend the recipe as
> > written.
> >
> > I am looking into this. At the same time my attention is on an overhaul
> > of fox.php, and adding post editing capabities, and true multi-page
> > processing. I need to make a choice what my focus should be:
> >
> > a) update FoxBlog as it was, to be a simple blog tool (basically a
> >    Fox adaption of BlogSimple)
> > b) create an advanced FoxBlog based on FoxForum (using display
> >    templates and all other FoxForum features, and adding blog
> >    pagelists and a custom blog topic display)
> > c) finish the current overhaul of Fox first
> >
> > All much fun. Is there anyone else who likes to have a go at a) or b)
> > ?
> >
> > Meanwhile you are trying to set up a blog which is half broken. My
> > apologies!
> >
> >   ~Hans
> >

> That's ok. I'll not display the counter for now. Sounds like you are
> planning on updating the recipe, and I assume it won't be too
> difficult to update once you are done. I think I have everything
> working except for the counter, so I'll just sit tight. As far as the
> multiple choice question, I like the way the blog is the way it is
> now, but I'm not sure about the advantages of basing it on FoxForum,
> so I'm probably  not the best person to ask. I can certainly work with
> the blog the way it is now, if you decide to finish the Fox overhaul
> first.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> maria

I'm afraid I have one more question about the blog recipe. I got rid
of the comments counter on the Blog index, but I can't seem to figure
out how to get rid of it on the blog page. I have tried editing the
Site pages FoxBlogTemplate, FoxCommentBox, FoxCommentTemplate and
LocalTemplate, but I can't find anything to delete that gets rid of
the Comment counter and edit comment page link. Where else should I
look?

thanks,
maria