[pmwiki-users] Improved Security Update: CommentBoxPlus

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 02:32:53 CST 2007

A new security update for CommentBoxPlus is released at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBoxPlus

It integrates full support of Pm's Captcha recipe into the form.
You need to install and enable Captcha for this to work, and include
it before commentboxplus.php.

I updated both commentboxplus.zip (for PmWiki 2.1.xx pre 2.2.0 beta)
and commentboxplus2.zip (for PmWiki 2.2.0 beta)

I thought CommentBoxPlus would not get developed any further, since it
is so much more flexible to use forms with (:input ..:) markup,
but I come to realise that Captcha support is really important.
The random number access code is fine and stops a lot of mischief,
but it is a weak defense.

I think I will change Fox form recipes over to use Captcha by default.
Fox already supports it, but the forms all rather use access code.

  ~Hans