[pmwiki-users] logbook and session.bug_compat_42 error

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 23 09:52:05 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:30:15PM +0200, Bernhard Schroetter wrote:
> Am 23.05.2007 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:
> > On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 09:12:30AM +0200, Bernhard Schroetter wrote:
> > > ... but if I try to enable logbook (following the
> > > instructions on <http://www.3kwa.com/Tutorial/Logbook>, without using
> > > AJAX) I always get warnings like:

> > Try setting at the very beginning of local/config.php:
> >     ini_set('session.bug_compat_42', 0);
> > If that doesn't work, you might try:
> >     ini_set('session.bug_compat_warn', 0);
>
> Thanks a lot, it did supress the warning.
>
> Can you explain (if it's not too much work for you) why this warning
> appeared? And how this is provoked or could be avoided?

I don't know why the warning appeared.  The logbook recipe must
be doing something with sessions and global variables that PHP
thinks is suspicious, thus it's issuing the warning.  I did a quick
30-second scan of the logbook code to see if I could find anything
obvious, but nothing stood out for me.  I didn't have time to check
it further, so I'd see if the logbook authors have any ideas.