[pmwiki-users] logbook and session.bug_compat_42 error

Bernhard Schroetter schroe at gmx.at
Wed May 23 09:30:15 CDT 2007

Am 23.05.2007 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:

> On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 09:12:30AM +0200, Bernhard Schroetter wrote:
> > I have a wiki (Version 2.2.0-beta49) using some recipes (utf-8,
> > totalcounter.php, fplauth.php, XSiteInfo.php, recipecheck.php,
> > refcount.php, authuser, perGroupSubDirectory, German XLPage) running
> > without having problems, but if I try to enable logbook (following the
> > instructions on <http://www.3kwa.com/Tutorial/Logbook>, without using
> > AJAX) I always get warnings like:
> >
> > | Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
> > | which existed until PHP 4.2.3.
>
> Try setting at the very beginning of local/config.php:
>
>     ini_set('session.bug_compat_42', 0);
>
> If that doesn't work, you might try:
>
>     ini_set('session.bug_compat_warn', 0);
>
> Pm

Thanks a lot, it did supress the warning. I had to tweak the logbook script
a bit to work with the PerGroupSubDirectories recipe, but the warning
doesn't appear anymore.

Can you explain (if it's not too much work for you) why this warning
appeared? And how this is provoked or could be avoided?

Thanks,
berni