[pmwiki-users] Outline Refinements in PMWiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 15 21:30:39 CDT 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 08:33:50PM -0700, Tony C. wrote:

> This recalls the problem I had with the only suggested workaround to
> the problem I raised on this email list a few weeks ago.
>
> My original problem was:
>
> "Is there a way to get a caption on images within a simple table, or is
> there a way to get tables created using table directives to fit within
> a numbered list?

At present, no, there's not an easy way to do this.

The best bet is to use the %value=nnn% parameter inside of a numbered
list to restart the numbering at the desired number.  (I grant this
isn't a great solution.)

> Now, if there were some magic way of determining the last number used
> in each level of the numbered list so the "<nn>"s could be
> automatically filled in...

At present, PmWiki doesn't have any real way to keep track of this.
It might be worth adding at some point, however.

Hope this helps, at least in some way.