[pmwiki-users] leading spaces switch for 2.2.0 (somewhat important)

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 23:19:48 CDT 2007

I'm not a markup guy, so if that makes sense, go for
it.

One question though, on top of having the option to
disable it, how hard would it be to write a converter
from the old style to whatever replaces it?  It's one
thing to turn off a new feature for a while, but
eventually sites will have to bite the bullet.  A
converter sure would seem usefull.  Maybe this could
become a converter that evolves and could convert any
major markup change that you decide to implement (or
have already implemented)?  Simply invoke it with the
specific markup switch to convert:
--leadingSpacePreformattedText
(yikes, someone might think I'm a java programmer, ;)
but in this case the long syntax seems appropriate)

My 2 cents,

-Martin

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/VoteOnLeadingWhitespace

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/VoteOnLeadingWhitespace-Talk