[pmwiki-users] Literal White Space and GroupFooters

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Mar 22 06:02:26 CDT 2007

Hi Hans!

Just installed your ShowHide recipe to the comments at ZAPsite, and it
works like a charm...  Nice!

I'm also using your white space recipe with equally pleased results.
Hopefully later today, I will have up a slightly revised version of
ZAP that eliminates it's magic box system in favor of your recipe.  It
will help simplify the data encoding scheme ZAP uses, and give me a
chance to make a couple other related improvements as well.  Anyway,
your recipe really helps!

Just a question though...  I've noticed on several wiki pages where I
have 3-4 returns at the end of a page, there is a big white space
between the text of the page and the groupfooter content.  Expected of
course--but a nuisance to re-edit all the pages.  Is it possible,
whitespace could be designed to disregard extra line returns at the
end of a page?  or more than one or two?

I could go back and edit them all, but it seems it might be something
LWS could do automatically.  I couldn't think of a simple way to do
it, but maybe you could.  If not, I'll just have to be a bit more
careful...

Cheers,
Dan