[pmwiki-users] Background image

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Sat Mar 17 22:31:03 CDT 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 07:49:21PM -0700, Dr Fred C wrote:
> OK, this seems like another "where can I find it in the documentation"
> issue.  Hopefully, this is also an example of why a user email list
> works a lot better than a forum for this sort of stuff.
>
> Question: Is there a way to provide a background image (with vertical
> and horizontal tiling) for any particular section of a wiki page (like
> the main page or side bar).
>
> Using styles as defined in http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiStyles
> doesn't seem to clarify things, at least as far as provding a tiled
> background goes.   I've attempted it according to the documentation and
> transposing the 'styles' method used for getting background images into
> tables doesn't seem to work.

For more complex CSS things (like background images) I would tend to put
the CSS into a pub/css/local.css file
(or one named after the particular page)

For example, on my page http://www.katspace.org/Fiction/Index
I got a background image to replace the title by making a
Fiction.Index.css page, with the following content:

#wikititle h1.pagetitle {
        visibility: hidden;
}
#wikititle div.box {
        width: 572px;
        height: 141px;
        display: block;
        background: transparent url(/images/workstorm1.jpg) no-repeat center center;
}

Kathryn Andersen