[pmwiki-users] "Where am I?" menu

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Mar 8 07:20:10 CST 2007

On 3/8/07, [] Jamie <followtheboat at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  One of the problems I have with PMWiki is the two-tier structure. Don't get
> me wrong, I love PMWiki, but one thing I would like to do is allow users to
> see where they are in relation to sections and subsections. For example I
> have pages that sit in a pseudo structure Cruising
> Info/UK/Marinas/Southampton Marina. Cruising Info and UK sit in the menu
> structure, the other subsections are just links within the UK subsection.
>
>  Is there a simple way of having a little box, with links, that says: You
> are here: Cruising Info/UK/Marinas/Southampton Marina?
>
>  Any help appreciated!
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Jamie
>  [] www.followtheboat.com []
> * tales from the high seas *

Take a look at

http://www.fast.st/hgtest/index.php?n=Kingdom/Plant/Grass/Wheat

It is an example of Hg in action with CleanUrls enabled.  It also has
a breadcrumb though the links are not active in this particular
example.

Also you should be able to get rid of hgtest/index.php?n= easily
enough using url rewriting though I haven't tried it yet personally.
Meaning you could do

http://www.fast.st/Kingdom/Plant/Grass/Wheat

Hg is a simple recipe that allows you to overcome the limitations of
PmWiki's two-tiered system. Cluster is another option.  For more
information, check out

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/HierarchicalGroups

Cheers,
Dan