[pmwiki-users] link if the target page is writeable

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:28:50 CST 2007

On 3/2/07, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That depends on what Tegan (?) wants I guess. As I understood it, the name
> >> of the page should render as normal but not become a link? I.e.

> >> Don't know how this would affect trails though.
> >
> > Oh, no, I was hoping for it not to render at all. I was looking for a
> > short-hand for
> >
> > (:if auth read Target 1:)
> > [[Target 1]](:ifend:)
>
> Ok, I misunderstood you then. But that in itself is not a problem, there
> could simple be one directive
>         (:links-to-unaccessible-pages-should-not-render-as-links:)
> and another one:
>         (:links-to-unaccessible-pages-should-not-be-shown-at-all:)
>
> Both ways are fine. However, I'm less clear on why you would like this.
> The name of the page will still be in the source of the page, right?
>
> Maybe you could give an example of the context?  (Will you have item lists
> for instance?)

I'd like to use it like this:

(:if enabled AuthPw:)
Your password provides access to:
(:if auth read Target 1:)
* [[Target 1]](:if auth read Target 2:)
* [[Target 2]](:if auth read Target 3:)
* [[Target 3]](:ifend:)

It's true that ?action=source would display all targets to someone who
is not logged in, or whose password doesn't give access to all
targets, but that security hole is closed if I set 	in my
config.php:	$HandleAuth['source'] = 'edit';

The (:links-to-unaccessible-pages-should-not-be-shown-at-all:) markup
would still be useful even if it meant that I couldn't have a bulleted
list, although the bulleted list might have come in handy, not only
for formatting purposes, but for wikitrails.  Too bad.