[pmwiki-users] link if the target page is writeable

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:06:55 CST 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Tegan Dowling wrote:

>>> Suppose the visitor doesn't have read permission to Target2.  Do
>>> they then see ... ?
>>>
>>>    * Target 1
>>>    *
>>>    * Target 3
>>
>> That depends on what Tegan (?) wants I guess. As I understood it, the name
>> of the page should render as normal but not become a link? I.e.
>>
>>>    * Target 1   (link)
>>>    * Target 2   (not link)
>>>    * Target 3   (link)
>>
>> Don't know how this would affect trails though.
>
> Oh, no, I was hoping for it not to render at all. I was looking for a
> short-hand for
>
> (:if auth read Target 1:)
> [[Target 1]](:ifend:)

Ok, I misunderstood you then. But that in itself is not a problem, there
could simple be one directive
 	(:links-to-unaccessible-pages-should-not-render-as-links:)
and another one:
 	(:links-to-unaccessible-pages-should-not-be-shown-at-all:9

Both ways are fine. However, I'm less clear on why you would like this.
The name of the page will still be in the source of the page, right?

Maybe you could give an example of the context?  (Will you have item lists
for instance?)

/Christian