[pmwiki-users] How to show all section/category levels at the top of the page

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 11:25:55 CST 2007

Thursday, March 1, 2007, 2:49:33 PM, [] wrote:

> 1. How do I get 'Category' to not say 'Category' but instead the name of
> the category?

> 2. How do I get the page heading to display all three levels? For
> example this link
> http://www.followtheboat.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Category.PointsOfSailing
> shows a page called Points of Sailing. That sits within 'Nautical Terms'
> section and that sits within the main section 'Terminology', as per the
> menu on the right. However the top of the page just says 'Category |
> Points of Sailing'. I'd like it to say Terminology | Nautical Terms |
> Points of Sailing.

I think you got your page and group naming a little confused.
You got content pages Category.PointsOfSailing, etc., which are pages
in a group called "Category".
Then you got a group called "Terms" with a page called "NauticalTerms",
and another called "NauticalDictionary".
On page Terms.NauticalTerms you got links to Category pages, i.e.
Category.PointsOfSailing etc.

Now I would think that pages PointsOfSailing etc. are terms in your
nautical dictionary. So for the pmwiki group structure it may be
better to have a group called "NauticalDictionary" with pages
NauticalDictionary.PointsOfSailing etc, each page is a term in your
dictionary.

Then the standard way to use pmwiki categories would perhaps be to
add category links to those pages, if appropriate. And use the
Category group in the standard way with a pagelist in the GroupFooter
to display the backlinks, i.e it will produce a list of links to all
pages which have the same category link (like it is done on pmwiki.org
and used extensively for cookbook pages). I don't know hopw that
translates to your site, but it could be that pages in different
groups share the same category, for instance "Engine", "Paint", "Sail"
etc.

I hope I explained this clear enough and it is of some help.

Also note that pmwiki does not support a hierarchy of groups. You only
have groups and pages, a two tier system.

Hans