[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 10:58:46 CDT 2007

--- "H. Fox" <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> > > --- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
> > [...]
> > I can't see how to make
> > (:nogroupheader:) work the same in option 2 as it
> > would with option 1.  Perhaps I'm just not being
> > imaginative enough there.
>
> I may be missing something.
>
> Can conditional markup be put a site-wide header
> that achieves
>
>    Look for a page named GroupHeader in the
>    current group, if that exists we use it,
>    otherwise use "fallback" markup.

Would this not work?

(:if exists {$Group}.GroupHeader :)
(:include {$Group}.GroupHeader :)
(:else:)
(:include Site.DefaultGroupHeader :)
(:endif:)

> Also, isn't the best way to suppress a group header
> just to not have one?  Put another way, what's a
> reason for putting (:nogroupheader:)
> in the site-wide header?  It seems like a bad idea
> because it will be confusing when group header
> markup doesn't work.

Well, I believe that the objective is to suppress the
GroupHeader on a specific page in a group but allowing
the GroupHeader to be included in the other pages of
the group.

I was not suggesting that the directives not continue
to be based on core implementations unless this truly
was a goal to eliminate them.

While the directive may no longer work as a
suppressor, certainly similar pagevariable base
solutions could achieve this, couldn't they?

(:if expr exists {$Group}.GroupHeader && equal
{$:nogroupheader} :)
(:include {$Group}.GroupHeader :)
(:elseif equal {$:nogroupheader} :)
(:include Site.DefaultGroupHeader :)
(:endif:)

Simply set nogroupheader to something within a page to
suppress the group header inclusions on that page:

 (:nogroupheader:true:)

This seems like it would be possible for Site.Header
also if you don't want to implement a separate
(:nositeheader:)

-Martin