[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 18 22:39:38 CDT 2007

> > --- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > > Option 1:  A page that acts as a "fallback
> > > GroupHeader" when a group doesn't have one.
> > > In this scenario, when viewing a page, we first
> > > look for a page named GroupHeader in the current group,
> > > if that exists we use it, otherwise we use the
> > > "fallback" page if it exists.
> [...]
> I can't see how to make
> (:nogroupheader:) work the same in option 2 as it
> would with option 1.  Perhaps I'm just not being
> imaginative enough there.

I may be missing something.

Can conditional markup be put a site-wide header that achieves

   Look for a page named GroupHeader in the
   current group, if that exists we use it, otherwise
  use "fallback" markup.

?

Also, isn't the best way to suppress a group header just to not have
one?  Put another way, what's a reason for putting (:nogroupheader:)
in the site-wide header?  It seems like a bad idea because it will be
confusing when group header markup doesn't work.

Hagan