[pmwiki-users] freeshell will not show yet the PmWiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 4 21:20:56 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:48:50AM +0200, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:
>    From a form post I saw freeshell.ch and it intrigued me.
>
>    I got an account, and I uploaded PmWiki beta54 and get very strange
>    results;
>    [...]

I got a freeshell.ch account also, and it is a little odd.
Part of the problem is that the PHP getcwd() command doesn't return
the path to the current directory, because some of the parent directories
(often public_html) don't have world read permission on them.

This is the first time I've encountered this particular problem on any
system, so I'm having to think about how PmWiki might adapt to it.
In the meantime, adding read permission to the public_html/ directory
seemed to resolve the problem for me on freeshells.ch .