[pmwiki-users] [announcement] New branch of pmwiki-mode

Lukasz Stafiniak lukstafi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 08:33:37 CST 2007

On 1/31/07, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Btw, an alternative to do everything from within Emacs is to use an
> external program that loads/saves etc. Curl could probably be used with a
> suitable wrapper, or simply use pmwe.

So I should learn about pmwe.

> > The first difference between "your" mode and "my" mode is that I
> > recognize only links inside [[ ... ]]. I have good support for them
> > (basically, all PmWiki conventions are supported, but I don't check for
> > user PmWiki-side settings).
>
> That sounds good. I really think it should be "backported". I agree that
> it's enough to only recognize [[...]]-links.
>
> Do you have a sourcforge account? I'd be happy to give you administrator
> privileges for the project. Currently it uses CVS, but it should be easy
> to convert it to SVN. To be honest, I don't see a point in maintaing two
> code bases - especially since I'm unlikely to do anything signficant.

My sf username is lukstafi. Well, I have rewritten almost whole
pmwiki-mode.el. Vandalisms include:

* removed LyX-specific functions, replaced with customizable "mywiki-open"
* search mode removed, rewriting it delayed to version v0.5.

Shall I replace old files?

The project is small, no reason to switch to SVN.

If I get user feedback to motivate current pace, I should release v1.0
by the end of February.