[pmwiki-users] [announcement] New branch of pmwiki-mode

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 07:04:44 CST 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Lukasz Stafiniak wrote:

>>  Cool. If you'd like you could just continue - I can for instance give
>>  you access to the repository at sourceforge. Or we could ask Patrick
>>  if he could host it for us.
>
> Which repository you mean? The main PmWiki repository?

Or a repository on the same host. (We shouldn't have write access to the
pmwiki code)

>>  I stopped working on it primarily because I didn't see how I could get
>>  it to edit pages over SSL :-( (And these days I'm mostly working on
>>  pages on a secure server)
>
> First of all I would like to get it working with PmWiki-side password
> authentication, I don't know how to get to it yet. (But it shouldn't be
> difficult.) That's one reason why currently my site is open for edition.

Ok, I see. Ask Patrick about it.

Btw, an alternative to do everything from within Emacs is to use an
external program that loads/saves etc. Curl could probably be used with a
suitable wrapper, or simply use pmwe.

> The first difference between "your" mode and "my" mode is that I
> recognize only links inside [[ ... ]]. I have good support for them
> (basically, all PmWiki conventions are supported, but I don't check for
> user PmWiki-side settings).

That sounds good. I really think it should be "backported". I agree that
it's enough to only recognize [[...]]-links.

Do you have a sourcforge account? I'd be happy to give you administrator
privileges for the project. Currently it uses CVS, but it should be easy
to convert it to SVN. To be honest, I don't see a point in maintaing two
code bases - especially since I'm unlikely to do anything signficant.

cheers
/Christian