[pmwiki-users] My wiki has disappeared!

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 29 15:11:59 CST 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 02:03:25PM -0700, Liz Fairman - LAWLIBX wrote:
>    Help!  My wiki simply stopped functioning.  I am a very basic user, just
>    figuring things out as I along, without any particular training.  I set up
>    a staff wiki, running on a workstation with IIS, for internal use only.
>    All was well for a few months, and people were starting to
>    participate.  OfficeScan, the virus protection software on that machine,
>    wasn't updating properly, despite attempts from support to make it work.
>    That finally got fixed, and the wiki disappeared -- nothing bur page not
>    found errors.  I replaced config.php with a backup.  No results.  I'm
>    stuck.  I can't even figure out how I got it up in the first place now.
>
>    Any ideas about how to get my wiki back?

My strong suspicion is that it has something to do with the
IIS configuration, and not with PmWiki itself.  Perhaps IIS no longer
knows where to find the PmWiki executable?

Any possibility that the support folks upgrade IIS in the process
of fixing the virus protection?  If I remember correctly,
Microsoft made some major changes in IIS moving from version 5 to
version 6.

(That might also be useful to know -- what versions of PmWiki and
IIS were you running?)

Hope some of this helps ...