[pmwiki-users] Using pmwiki's functions without building the wiki

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Wed Jan 17 12:27:08 CST 2007

Patrick R. Michaud said...
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 05:50:57PM +0100, Wouter Groeneveld wrote:
> >    I would like to use IncludeText() so I can access the text in my wiki
> >    pages, but I do _NOT_ want to generate the whole skin and page.
> >    So when I include("pmwiki.php") > this automatically generates my wiki. I
> >    don't want that, I only want to display the includeText() output.
> >
> >    Is there any possibility to tell pmwiki not do do anything? I only want to
> >    be able to use the function includetext()
>
> For 2.2.0-beta22 I'm adding an $EnableActions configuration variable;
> if set, then PmWiki will do all of its initialization and other work,
> but won't call any $HandleActions routines.
>
> Then you can do the following:
>
>     $EnableActions = 0;
>     include('pmwiki.php');
>
> This will initialize PmWiki (along with any configuration/customizations
> that are being made, e.g. from local/config.php), but won't actually
> perform any actions.  The caller can then call the desired action
> or other functions as desired.

Ahem! Let this sink in a sec. Currently, I use a PmWikiPage class - it's
just the way I am :-\ - that I use within PmWiki, naturally.

Does what you say above mean that it is now possible to have a, say,
PmWikiEngine class that is based around those two statements in its
constructor? And that, in addition, this class can be used outside
PmWiki?

If that's so, then that's pretty wild.

--
Cheers,