[pmwiki-users] Users and "Attach" Options

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Mon Jan 15 11:31:40 CST 2007

Truth Magazine wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> Today I set up www.medrevise.co.uk/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
>
> It is very nice, but I have a few little issues I need help with.
>
> a) I want to bring in the "attach" option on pages, so I can put pictures in.
> b) I want to bring in users, to the point that anyone can view, but only
> users can edit, like in Wikipedia.
>
> I've had a go at both those, but I can't seem to work it out.
>
> Much love,
> Chris

1. Are you just trying to display pictures?
If so, in config.php you have to enable uploads (I think it's disabled
by default)

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Uploads

If you upload or link to the URL of an image, PmWiki automatically shows
that image rather than the link to it.

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Images

2. Set the default read password to @nopass.
In config.php
$DefaultPasswords['read'] = '@nopass';

That will enable everyone to see everything except maybe the Site group.
(I'm pretty sure edit access for that group is restricted by default,
not sure about read access.)

Hope this helps!

Sandy