[pmwiki-users] pagelist beta15 v. beta21

Mike Bishop mbishop at mtaonline.net
Mon Jan 15 23:27:32 CST 2007

Greetings (I couldn't think of a collective salutation for PmWiki Users),

       I reproduce some (public) correspondence on a community web-
       site.  To obtain a latest first presentation  I  decided  to
       use  the  new  "page text variables" to set the date of each
       letter, rather than prepend it to the file name.  So :Dsort:
       <iso date> is added to each letter page.  In testing--

          o Under  beta15  'pagelist  .....  order=-$:Dsort'  (date
            sort) worked as expected;

          o Under beta21 the result  is  random  (well,  I  haven't
            worked it out yet);

          o Replacing  pagelist.php-beta21  with the beta15 version
            restored the expected behavior.

       It may  may  that  the  specific  runes  for  pagelist  have
       changed, and I didn't notice, for which apologies.  Or I may
       have discovered an, em, idiosyncracy of pagelist.

       Advise welcome ...

Balmy 10F, -25F last week,
Rgds,
--