[pmwiki-users] Escaping a page variable

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Mon Jan 15 19:56:30 CST 2007

Hello,

Is it possible to escape the content of a page variable? Specifically, if the
page variable contains wiki-code, how can the code be printed instead of
processed? Example for a page list format:

[[#simplelist]]
[[{=$FullName}]] - {=$LastModifiedBy} ([={=$LastModifiedSummary}=])\\
[[#simplelistend]]

Now the [={=$LastModifiedSummary}=] outputs {=$LastModifiedSummary} and not
the variable content.

The reason is that if someone enters in the Summary (:table width=2000:) or
Attach:BIG_PICTURE.jpg, this breaks the pagelist.

I am pretty sure that once it worked: when I first set a watchlist on pmwiki
(the variable content was displayed escaped with [={=$LastModifiedSummary}=])
and around or before September 15, 2006 it stopped working, displaying
{=$LastModifiedSummary}.

Thanks,
Petko