[pmwiki-users] Fox: entries are stored on a new page, but always with the old ones included

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 03:31:17 CST 2007

Friday, January 5, 2007, 7:18:06 AM, Daniel wrote:

> I have a page called "Log.entry" with a Fox-form:
> (:fox logentry redirect=1 template=FoxLogTemplate target={$NewTicket} :)
> (:input-fields:)
> (:input submit post "Abschicken":)
> (:foxend logentry:)

> where {$NewTicket} is a variable (great input from Hans, 21.12.2006) to
> generate the new pagename.

> All works fine, but on the new page not only this entry appears; also
> all old entries (entries generated before) appears.
> Like e blog.

By design Fox does not replace content on an existing page.
It either appends or prepends a new post to a target page,
using the target=PageName parameter.

This is done to prevent overwriting existing pages, for security
reason (which is what you want to do).

Maybe such capacity should be added to Fox?
How would one handle possible misuse?

Hans